Sunday, August 30, 2009

Genesis!

Hello World !


This is not the first time I am starting a blog and committing myself to maintain it. Back in my UG days, I had started a blog with the intentions of keeping it alive. It received one and only one post :(

Hopefully, this one(Agniologist) would last a bit longer. Okay, so lets get started without further ado.


First things first. What the hell is an agniologist? You know, I was searching for a very cool and fundoo sort of name to give to my blog. I have subscribed to these two services where I receive a new word in my mail box every day. So, I scanned through those mails and this was the fundoo-est and the most relevant word I came across. Basically, agniologist = a + gnio + logist where a = No, gnio (coming from gnomo, which gives us agnostic etc) means knowledge and logist is our friendly suffix which we encounter on every other page and which means one who studies. So Agniologist is someone who studies ignorance. All things considered, a very apt name for a blog whose agenda would be to record my learnings and insights which I would hopefully gain during my stay in IIM Lucknow. 


With this, I think I would finish my first post. 

Cheers

5 comments:

  1. arrey wah!
    log itna sochte hain naam rakhne se pehle !!

    maine to aise hi rakh liya apne blog ka naam :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll raise a toast (with of course nigam and vats) and see to it that i come here regularly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least one permanent visitor. Aah..Relief :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Adarsh - Khaali dimaag shaitan ka ghar

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Adarsh ????
    mujhe to laga mera naam AS hai :P

    ReplyDelete